The Flyer

The Flyer
'What Do You Call it?'

Sunday 31 January 2010

Name your target after the arrow has landed

'Name your target after the arrow has landed'. I found this proverb two to three years ago and it became one of my top.5 favourite proverbs
5. When a crazy person steals your clothes as you bathe you don't give chase.
4. When the lion is asleep the monkey thinks he is king
3. The Lion doesn't turn around around when the dog barks
2. When the snake is in the house, one need not discuss the matter at length
1. Name your target after the arrow has landed

Here's another saying from my boy, hiplifer Tinny: 'Just because our hair's picky doesn't mean we need combs'. Tinny spits alot of proverbs in his rhymes but I'm not sure if that quote is one, but I like it anyway.

But I digress. Back to the headliner: 'Name your target after the arrow has landed'. This is not the typical wise head on shoulder type proverb. That's why I like it. I can’t recall where I found this proverb. Trying to google it right now it didn’t come up which was interesting but not unexpected.

On first look to name your target after the arrow has landed can suggest aimlessness. I however choose to interpret one of a few ways. Debating the saying 'Name your target after the arrow has landed.'

> Flexibility. Identify a set of targets –(if you’re hungry as in the traditional sense a herd of deer or whatever ) and aim towards them all and be satisfied with the one you hit. This could apply to one of many goals OR one goal to be achieved by one of many means. Whichever one of those targets i HIT is fine with me and the salient point is the arrow has left my grasp. it's in the air and shall thus come down and hit one of them. this is inevitable

> Leadership/Initiative. Note that the proverb is "Name" your target after the arrow has landed. That means you mightcould know it but just ddt "call it" (as they say in Snooker Pool). You hit the target you meant to hit maybe not telling everybody what you were going for in advance. But once “the arrow has landed” you can “name” your target and/or reasons at that point.

> Sheer Style. Have no clue and you aim your arrow hit whatever you hit –be it a tree or some prey and play it off like that was your intention.

These are the types of the proverbs you'll see on my statuses, blogs and in forthcoming books. They will be the funny clever/unusual proverbs that mightcould mean something different to every reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment