The Flyer

The Flyer
'What Do You Call it?'

Friday 7 May 2010

The Mintah Blog

This blog is about a subject of great concern to Ghanaian AND indeed Nigerians on the continent and in the diaspora. No, it’s not third world debt

Our movie industry. What is to be done about it?

The acting is poor but the actresses are good looking, the storylines are LUDICROUS but the actresses are good looking. The thing with poor quality African TV is that like ghetto BET and is a chicken and egg situation. What came first?

Did Africans demand insane storylines and 2D characters or have we had jammed down our throats until we ‘liked’ them.

Nollywood and Challeywood movies starring.
I once watched a documentary British actor named Nick Moran who tried to make a movie with subplots.

I’ve seen it with my own eyes. Every movie without an explosive revelation every 7-8 minutes is considered a bad movie.

This is a personal because I plan to revolutionise the West African entertainment industry but I'd like to know who I'm fighting. The customers or the industry organisers?

I'm going to do more but this all I have to say about this now. I need YOUR feedback.

4 comments:

  1. this is more of an introduction.... now to the main content.. i will help you do the research .. so far..sooooooo good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should write a script... Not such a ludicrous idea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lets hope audiences are ready for such a mental journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Abena
    I'm still waiting on the research

    @SJB
    The scripts are coming don't worry. Not at all an ludicrous idea!

    @Anonymous
    Audiences are ready. GH comedy TV is where I've seen the most imagination and creativity and modern outlooks. I want to start there and spread it to movies eventually.

    ReplyDelete